Remember 0416

Friday, April 17, 2015

It's scary how fast time passes.
시간이 너무 빨리 지나가네요.
It's already the one year anniversary of the tragic Sewol sinking.  
벌써 일년이 지났다니... 세월호 1주기

On the morning of April 16, 2014, Sewol Ferry capsized. The ferry was going from Incheon to Jeju, carrying students from Danwon High School. Over 300 people died, and the majority of that number were students. 

I remember sitting in my Political Science class when I first saw the news. I was looking for a current event (it was an assignment. Everyday we had to have a current event to share). When I saw this, my mind just went blank and I didn't hear any of the other current events being shared. I'm not usually too affected by news about event so far away, even if it involves my home country. I know that sounds really bad, but it's the truth. I am so caught up in my own life and problems that I have little room to think about anything else. What got my attention about the Sewol tragedy was that most of the victims were high school students. They were going on a trip that the school has probably been going on for many years. They got on the ferry without a care, having fun with friends. For things to end this way....
아직도 기역나요. 정치학 수업에 인터넷으로 뉴스읽고 있었는데 처음 봤어요. 기사보고 머리속이 하예젔어요. 너무 충격 받았나봐요. 솔직히 말하면, 저는 그닥 뉴스에 신경을 안 써요. 나쁜 생각이지만, 저는 이러게 생각하고 살았어요: "내 인생 살기 힘든데..." 저도 힘들게 살고 있기 때문에 다른 사람, 특히 먼 나라에 사는 사람 겁정하기 힘들더라고요. 세월호 사건이 왜 저한테 이렇게 큰 충경이였나면, 거기 탑승한 사람이 거의 다 학생이였잖아요. 학교 여행가고 있었잖아요. 아마 학교가 학생을 매년 보내는 여행이였을거에요. 아무 겁정없이, 친구들이랑 놀며 탔는데 이렇게 될줄...

Because of the time difference between Korea and California, I do realize that it is no longer the 16th in Korea. That doesn't mean that people are grieving any less. 
한국과 캘리포니아 시간차이 때문에 한국은 이제 16일 아닌걸 알아요. 366일이 지났다고 들 슬퍼하고 그리워한는거 아니잖아요.

I ask that you keep South Korea in your prayers. I can't imagine what the families are going through, even after a year...

Pray for South Korea
Remember Sewol
Remember 0416 
잊지 않겠습니다.






Lady Christiiney♡

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment 💕

Popular Posts

Bloglovin

Follow

Subscribe